A Musical Mind...Reflecting My Moods

It’s a month of Ramadan. Fasting, daily household chores and my kid (who is on summer vacation) keep me occupied all the time. Past few weeks have been really hectic and hence I failed to write any blog.

But yesterday when I saw the latest topic (If your life had a background score, which songs and music will be in it? ) on indiblogger I could not resist myself. It compelled me to write about it as I could connect really well to the theme.

Before I enumerate my list of ‘Five’ songs that act as a background score in my life I would like to share something that may resonate with others too.

Good music with meaningful lyrics has always captivated my thoughts.  But there is another angle to it too.

There have been moments when some lyrics naturally start playing in my mind even without my realization that they have a strong connection to my situation. It is amazing to know how our brain works even at sub conscious level. The words of some song start flowing in, aptly connecting and reflecting my mood.

It was my first morning in hostel. It was the month of June and power cuts had made sure I didn’t  get a good sleep. The very morning I got up, I was all in sweat.  Even before I could realize my pathetic condition my mind was already humming the words of a particular song, "Welcome to hell”, from the movie Ajnabi.

It was only after some pondering I realized how these words aptly represented my distressful situation. I was missing the comforts of my home and this new place seemed so unpleasant.

There is another one which when I recall often brings a smile.

I had been managing my household chores for quite some while. I desperately needed a domestic help which was difficult to find. Then one day I finally got lucky as I was able to appoint a cleaning boy.

I was overwhelmed by his services. Life seemed lot easy. The first day when I saw him working and cleaning my house my musical mind geared up to hum these lyrics khwaab ho tum ya koi haqeekat kaun ho tum batlao”.

The best part of my musical mind is that it plays out only those words that are aptly relevant to my mood. Not a word more and not a word less like in this case. The quality services of the domestic help gave me such a surreal-like pleasure that I couldn’t believe it was actually happening. Hence, only the first few words of the song went on playing and not the rest…obviously.

There are quite a few other moments but now I would like to come straight to the topic. The songs that sometimes play as background scores in my life are not the ones that I often listen to but these are definitely the ones that inspire and influence me at times. Their lyrics define my emotions and moods.

1. ‘Mai zindagi ka saath nibhata chala gaya’,Hum Dono. This is the song that gears me up even when I am feeling low and lost.  The song is about going on in life, accepting all that comes your way, celebrating even the ruins. It is a perfect song exuberating essence of optimism and positivity. This song is a perfect mood lifter for me.



2. ‘Dil use do jo jaan de de..jaan use do jo dil de de’, Andaz(Old). This song has few lines that I find highly motivating. My highly sensitive mind starts playing these words when it feels I need that little buck up. The words are:

‘jo sochte rahoge to kuchh na milega
jo badhte chaloge to raasta milega’.

I simply love the lyrics. How well the lyrics convey the message that mere thinking can yield nothing, act and move then only you will find your way out. Meaningful and cogent, these words have the power to inspire you to move ahead.



3.‘Tere mere sapne ab ek rang hai’, Guide. The words of this melody clearly define the meaning of soulful love.  I can actually   relate with the lyrics of the melody. A bond that is so pure and beautiful. A relation that is so eternal. Soothing and magical, every word strikes a chord. The beautiful lyrics and the lovely voice of Mohammad Rafi bring out the best in this song, making it enchanting and soulful.


4.‘Duniya banana wale kya tere man me samayi tune kahe ko duniya banayi’, Teesri Kasam. I wonder how thoughtful and spiritual were the earlier lyricists, their lyrics were so meaningful and had the intensity to touch your souls.

Whenever I witness some tragedy, calamity and emotional break-down or when I think about all the mess that the humans are creating against each other…the words of this song naturally start ringing in my mind.

The song rightfully questions the creator about the purpose of his creation. Why everything was created when everything was destined for an end.



5.‘Kisi ki muskurahato pe ho nisar kisi ka dard ho sake to le udhar jina isi ka naam hai’, Anari(Old). Sometimes when I come in terms with some really selfish and insensitive people, the lyrics of this song starts playing in my mind. I wonder how contrast is the situation today. Everyone is running after their self-oriented goals, seeking pleasure and happiness. They forget that small acts of kindness towards others too can add value to their lives.





Comments

Popular Posts