Lockdown Diaries

    
                
We all are grappling with the Covid 19 pandemic and in these trying times we can hardly ignore the needs of our kids who are under complete lockdown. Growing kids are a bundle of energies that if not channelized rightly can impact their mental and physical balance.

So, it’s the responsibility of ‘WE’ as parents to help them cope with this difficult situation. Its certainly not easy with all the additional stress that we are already juggling with but then avoiding the same is not the option. As a mother of 9 year old I am trying my best to ensure my child tides over this situation with minimal effect. My efforts might not be 100% but it’s just an endeavor to make his days more constructive and positive.

An idle mind is the devils workshop. This holds true not only for adults but also for kids. So, I make sure his energies are put in the right direction and keep his otherwise wandering mind in track . Here are some of the activities that I have included in his routine, hoping it helps him.

Home cleaning : Saad helps me with mopping, dusting and other home cleaning chores. It not only instills the habit of participating in home activities but also teaches him to value the importance of cleanliness.

I will make it shiny!
I will make it Shiny!

Chopping and making drinks: Well, this too is a new frontier for him (although chopping is limited to fruits and tomatoes). This new art was a great help to me during Ramzaan. Making fruit chaat and Iftar drinks were his responsibilities.

Its my favorite task as its my favorite drink too!

Chopping tomatoes is fun!


Exercising: For this he takes out his yoga mat and happily follows the online exercising steps.

Need to stay fit & energized for the day!


Some other tit bit works that he has championed over the last few days are mashing potatoes, filling up fridge bottles and assisting me with the laundry.

Well, its not just work all the time!

He has his recreation time too. Entertainment time includes playing his favorite games, watching cartoons, chatting with friends etc.. I must confess that he his very particular about this time and ensures he never misses out even a single minute of his fun moment🤓!

Mine Craft: This popular online game is his favorite. Every time I want to excite him I just ask him some random questions about the game which I hardly understand. And then he goes on and on raving about the same. For all his good work and as Eid gift he asked me to buy creative mode for this game. Well, I still have to do that!
 
Watching favorite cartoon shows while munching on snacks

Time flies away so fast!

Skating, ludo, carrom and yes, chess are some of the other games that keeps him busy and me too.

Still mastering the game to defeat the champs in family


Finally, learnt the moves to beat mamma and papa



Gliding through the runway

Reading : Whenever free, he prefers to read…. has a collection of books, different kinds—Bad guys to Whimpy kid, Arabian Nights to Malgudi Days, Ruskin bond to Chatur Chanakya and so on.  His mini library now needs fresh stock and the process is on.
    Exploring the world of magic
Exploring the magic of book world

Inventing his own games...My games my rules🤠




Chit-chat time with friends :His latest craze is chatting on Whatsapp with his friends . He has two bestie groups. His Oman friends who are actually his pamper time buddies are his favorites. While talking to them his laughter has no bounds. And to my surprise they laugh at the most nonsensical things. The other group belongs to his school mates in Pune. I enjoy watching him having fun time with friends but that drains out my phone battery too😒!


Spending time with Budgies :His budgies give him company when he is totally free. Yes, he likes to spend time with them and is really happy to have tamed one of them.

Twos company is always better

Following papa's footsteps: A weekly online class by Google is the new engagement for his curious mind 😎❗

Doing assignment with Mr.Papa
                                                     
Needless to say the prevailing situation looks grim and staying calm is the need of the hour. Let us all do our bit and help our little angles get through it all !








Comments

  1. Awesome farah.. You are helping Saad to use his time constructively in this crucial stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. May I know from whom this compliment is coming from?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts