When All Ends Future Still Remains

There are moments when you feel everything is going against you. Nothing seems to work. It was that moment in my life. My close friend did a blunder in her life, the effects of which engulfed me too in its turbulence.

She eloped with one of her classmates as she felt their love affair would never be accepted. It was an undesirable move made at the wrong time.

My friend disappeared to another world. We had no clue where she went.
Never did I know that her actions would put me in the witness box. Everyone doubted that I was hands in glove with the duo. But the truth was totally different. I was also as ignorant about the whole incident as the other members.

Nobody believed me. It was hard for them to accept the fact that my so called 'good friend 'who spent most of the time with me and shared all her secrets with me actually did not confide in me about her most important decision.

Things got worse with time. We, my friend and myself had just completed our high school. Our parents had planned to send us to a good college in another city. But now after this incident things had changed much to my despair.

My parents were now apprehensive about sending me alone to another new town. The ever-conscious parents of my friend too advised my family against the pre-decided plan.

I became the stooge paying for the wrongs of my friends. There was bitterness growing within me. I was not at fault.I knew I would never go astray because that is the quality of a weak person and I was not weak. But whom to explain. They had their own reasons and insecurities for curtailing my rights and freedom and I had mine for feeling dejected.

Time passed by. I did not take admission in any college. Although I was given the offer to join one of the colleges of my city I preferred to join none. This was not what I wanted. When you are allowed to dream of sky and stars and then asked to stay on ground, then it is not easy..

I dreamt of studying in one of the best colleges of India and I deserved it too. I had scored pretty good percentage matching up to the requirements of the elite colleges but now I was nowhere. It was the ugliest phase of my life.

All times pass away..good as well as bad. Thankfully my bad time also got over.

Once I saw an advertisement of a professional course in journalism and Mass communication. I was instantly captivated by it. I was always interested in writing and this course had something to do with writing.

It was a sheer coincidence or ‘His’plan to reward me for my patience..i don’t know. All I know that it was turning point in my life. The same day I met someone in my colony who was doing the same course from a reputed university. He motivated me to go for it.

He also guided me in preparing for the entrance exam which was most important. With his guidance and my hard work I managed to crack the exam.

Even though I felt on cloud nine when informed about result I was not sure if my parents would allow me to leave the town to join the new field in another city.

Even as my mind was divided into two state..the landline phone rang. I picked up the receiver. It was my father calling from his office.

“Congratulations my dear, you have made me proud”, he said.
For few seconds I couldn’t fathom what he was trying to say as if my mind was numb, not ready for such words.

You know the entrance exam you cleared is one of the elite ones and only few manage to pass. My friends and colleagues all are congratulating me for your achievement.  I am really happy for you. Get ready for your new journey”.

The call ended. I couldn’t speak a word. The world seemed upside down.

Everything seemed to be falling in its place. I was overjoyed with all the positive happenings.

This was not what I had expected. Earlier I had just wished to join a simple course in a good college but now I was going to pursue a highly respectable professional course in a reputed college.

Fate too can change if you will to change.  Every hurdle poses a challenge. It all depends on how you tackle the situation. All obstacles can be transformed into opportunities provided you believe in yourself and never give up. Hope, positivity and hard work has the power to change even adverse situations in your favour.


I completed the course from the college and since then there was no looking back… I moved on in life... full of opportunities, positivities and contentment.

https://housing.com/.



Comments

Popular Posts