An Uncanny Moment

I was writing an article on the death of Robbin Williams, a popular Hollywood actor who recently succumbed to his depression. My article also included information on some other suicide deaths of celebs suffering from  depression .

I was totally engrossed in my writing flow, doing some research, pouring out my thoughts and inserting necessary facts required to make my article a good read.

Having done all the writing part, I started looking for some apt picture for my article. I was searching for a pic of Robbin Williams that looked really captivating and could arouse instant interest in the readers. One thing which I forgot at the moment was that I too was one of the readers of my article , in fact the first one. After a little search I got the pic that according to me was perfect for my write up. Since my article also included suicide cases of other celebrities I selected some other related pics too.

Now it was time to insert the pics into my word document. While I could easily download and paste the rest of the pictures, the pic of Robbin Williams (that I had carefully selected) was not coming on my page. I tried several times but it was not appearing. I could not make out what was going wrong. I had applied the same technique in all other pics, in fact until now I never had this problem, then why this particular pic was giving me trouble. Suddenly the smiling pic of Williams seemed to be jeering at me, as if conveying that i was trying to make a good read out of his death and so he was giving me a little tough time.

Well, of course not that was not the case.. I eased myself but then all of a sudden I was struck with a very uncanny feeling. I instantly realized that I was all alone in the house, writing about suicide deaths. I was trying my best to make my article look good and in the process I had forgotten that I was dealing with deaths and souls that are no longer around us (living beings) . All the stories of Plan Chits(where one tries to converse with dead souls) that I once heard from my friends started flashing back. It was really stupid of me to think something like this but it was just a passing thought that did manage to scare me, making me uncomfortable for few minutes.

I got up from my chair, took a few minutes break and then came back. This time the picture easily appeared on the page though I did nothing different (at least this is what my brain registered). Thankfully my article was ready. But then this particular pic , the  side view of smiling Robbin Williams captivated me. Truly speaking, I am not at all a Hollywood movie buff so except for few names that I can recall, I am unaware of several other famous actors of Hollywood community.

Robbin Williams too was one of them. Ironically I came to know more about him only after his death while I started writing about him. His pic that I selected, keeping in mind to grab the attention of my readers actually controlled my thoughts. His smiling face captivated me more than any other picture ever did.

Now whenever I go through this particular article, the pic of smiling Robbin Williams reminds me of my uncanny surge. Anyways, this unexpected and eerie feeling was short lived and soon vanished.

This is the first time I experienced something like this and so felt like penning it down. Surely a human brain is very  unpredictable, at times it surprises you with such strange thoughts and feelings which have no logic and answer.

As for all those interested in my article and in the pic of Robbin Williams that captivated my thoughts, my link to the blog is http://farahblogs.com/ 

Comments

Popular Posts